Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Day 9: Days off are awesome for sleeping in.

I didn't have to work today, so instead I slept. I must have needed a lot of sleep because I got about 12 hours of it. I woke up at 1:45pm and kinda just dilly dallied around until I got motivation to go take a shower. Around 2:30 I got energy to take a shower and after that I just waited for my grandma to arrive. I passed the time by attempting to memorize some songs for VBS that I will be singing, as I am the "worship leader" for VBS this year. My grandma and her dog, Teddy Bear, arrived at about 3:30 and my mom came home from work shortly after. We sat and visited because we didn't need to leave for our mini-trip quite yet. We left around 5 and made our way to the Olive Garden in Marrillville to meet up with some relatives. My grandma is going on a two week vacation with them and we were meeting them half-way. We got to Olive Garden and we were a little early, so I started reading the book I've been working on.

They called us when they were five miles away so we went ahead and walked inside to put our name in for a table. We were quickly seated and Jan and Lee (the relatives) arrived shortly after. We made our meal choices and conversed for a while. It then became time to leave, so we moved my grandma's stuff from our car to theirs and said our good-byes. We hopped into our car and headed home. I read some more of the book on the way home, but then it became too dark to see.

There isn't much else worth reporting. So enjoy the shortness, because it won't happen often when I'm writing.

Love in Christ, Jo

No comments: