Friday, June 25, 2010

Day 4: Long Days and Memories

Today felt like a really long day, but I was working so I didn't really have much activity. I woke up and went to work from 11:30-7. This would be my first 7.5 hour shift I have worked at BK. It was a pretty constant flow of people, with the normal rushes happening at lunch and dinner time. This was also the first time I worked over the dinner hours, so that gave me a little bit of experience there. I am beat though. I did get a break, but 30 minutes of sitting compared to 7 hours of standing and being rushed takes it out of a person. I worked in kitchen on the main board for the majority of the 7 hours. I'm still waiting on her to put me up front like she keeps saying she will, hopefully that will happen tomorrow.

I turned in my manager tests today too, got 100 on all of them, so now I just need to read the huge manual and I think she will make me a manager after she cross-trains me to work all the places. I can't wait to be a manager, because honestly I'm tired of being bossed around like I'm still the new kid.

The date is June 25, 2010. This is a very special day to me because, if my grandpa were still alive, he would have turned 80 today. My heart still aches when I think of him. I miss him so much. In a few days, June 28th, my grandparents would have been married 57 years. I still sometimes expect him to be there when I go visit my grandma, and my heart burns with tears when I realize he won't be there.

But I have to keep in mind that he is in a much better place. He doesn't have to suffer the pain of cancer anymore, or the pain of living in a sinful world anymore. And someday, I will be up there with him, getting the hugs and kisses I miss and cherish so much.

Well, I'm going to stop writing because I'm tearing up. Thanks for listening/reading.

Love in Christ, Katie Jo

No comments: