Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Day 1: An introduction

Hello to anyone who stumbles onto this blog. This will serve as a journal type thing for now, and maybe later will advance to something much more interesting.

Introducing ME :)

My name is Jo (for the blogs purposes anyway. I am 19 years old and I am a student at a college in Indiana. I live in small town, USA while I'm not at school. I love playing sports over watching them. I love to read (hence the background), so if i ever get the motivation to pick up a book instead of the computer then this could be a book blog. I'm a Christian, and respect those who aren't. I'm tolerant of everyone, even the people that walk all over me. You will get to know more as I post (hopefully) daily.

Onto the news of today:

Went to work at Burger King from 1130-3 today. Generally I'm the one that makes the sandwiches, but the "big boss man" was there today, so I was cleaning everything that exists in the kitchen. I didn't touch a sandwich once. I was told by my immediate manager to sweep, but then I was told by the "big boss man" to go back to my post. (Which in reality, I have no idea what my "post" is. I just go where ever I'm needed.) Anyway, after get yelled at to do one thing and then move on to another, I finally got off work.
I got home and really did nothing for about an hour (yeah my life is exciting isn't it?). Then one of my friends was online, so I decided I was in the mood to play some tennis and asked her to join me. We got to the courts around 4:45 and played till about 6. I got home and was told we were heading to a visitation for a friend of my mom's dad who passed. I hate funerals ever since my grandpa died about 3 years ago. But I went, and didn't get within 10 feet of the casket. When I did finally glance toward the box, the only person I saw was my grandpa in the box. I felt sick to my stomach and wanted to run, but I couldn't without raising a lot of suspicion. I survived and my mom, dad, and two work buddies of my mom, and I went out to eat at Honkers. We ate, conversed, and parted ways. When we got home, I was still upset, so I went on a run. I didn't run much because I'm not in the greatest shape after not exercising for about a year. I came back home and here I am, writing a blog.

At this point, I'm not sure if I know why I am writing this blog. I'm not involving too much emotion because the world doesn't need to be exposed to the insanity of my mind, so it won't be much of a "release". I have never had too much of a memory, so maybe this will help me recall days I'd like to remember (and days I don't want to remember as well I guess).

Anyway, I hope you enjoy and subscribe. Write comments, they make me feel loved. Provide suggestions on what I should write if you have any as well. :)

Love in Christ, Jo

1 comment:

myra. said...

Hey hun.. I think this is good for your first blog, I can understand not giving to much emotion to it, because I wouldn't share everything that I felt and such, I think you did a good job with this blog and it may be a good way for others to see how you feel and for them to try and reach out to you if you wanted. love you hun. xxxxxxx