Saturday, June 26, 2010

Day 5: Bad Dreams Reveal Your Biggest Fears

So, I'm going to report about my day before I get to the meaning of my title.

I went to work at 1030 today, which is mighty early compared to my normal time. I got there and started in the kitchen, but Emily (my boss) thought today would be a good day to have me work cashier. I did ok for it being my first time. I messed up a lot, but I blame that on working 7.5 hours the day before and not getting a lot of sleep. The first order I took, it was totaled at 11.43 and the man gave me 20.45. I was so focused on giving him the 2 cents back and making sure I hit the right buttons, I forgot to give him his other 8 dollars. I forgot a few things when delivering the orders, but the people were kind when they realized it and thankfully didn't yell at me. After about 2 hours of doing that, I went on break. After my break I worked in the kitchen until I was let off early (Thank God) at 5 instead of 6.

I have a weekly dinner with my Grandma, which I had to reschedule from the usual Friday night to tonight because I worked too late for a decent suppertime last night. Anyway, I called her up and told her I'd be over early since I got off an hour earlier than I thought I would. I changed clothes when I got home and headed to her house. We had planned to go to a place called "Burkholder Dutch Village", but when we arrived there were no cars in the parking lot and a sign in the window that read, "Sorry, We're Closed". So, we adjusted and headed over to the Taco Bell/ KFC in town. We both ordered a "5 buck box" and were surprised at how much food was in it. We ate and then she needed to put gas in her car, so it would be full (because she is leaving it for me to use while she is on a vacation for 2 weeks!). We went to Martins and got food and gasoline, and then headed back to her house. From there, I left and came back home.

That was my day, now on to the purpose of the title.

As you read yesterday, I was upset about the date and all that jazz. Well last night, I had a nightmare that my grandma (the only one I have left that was married to the grandpa I previously mentioned) died yesterday. It was one of those dreams that you wake up from and feel that your pillow is wet only to realize that you were crying. As I thought about the dream all day, I realized that if my grandma were to die soon, it would kill me. Then my mind surfed through the variety of dreams/nightmares that I've had and I made a realization. Nightmares are only nightmares because they play on your fears. When I was a kid, I had a nightmare that I was in a house, and these gorilla-sized spiders started to take over the house and I had no escape. I classified that as a nightmare because I HATE all bugs.

Maybe my realization is a no-brainer to most, but I'm writing to write what I think, and that is what I think.

Anyway, Hope you enjoyed, comment if you want.

Love in Christ, Jo

No comments: