Sunday, July 4, 2010

Day 12: Modems are not infallible.

Well, I woke up on time today! Go me! Anyway, I went to work at 12, and was thrown on cashier because only I and one other person knew how to work up front. James (the other person) was on drive thru while I was front counter. We were decently busy for the most part. At about 2, I was sent on break. After my break till about five, I continued to work front counter, and was actually trained to do drive thru by James, so I did that for a while. At five, the other manager, Will, came in for his shift, so I was put in kitchen while he was up front. That is how it stayed until I got off at 8.

I got home just before my parents left to go to some polka music thing. They left and shortly after I attempted to get on the Internet. I couldn’t get online at all, so I restarted my computer thinking that my wireless airport was being temperamental. The computer restarted and I still had no Internet access., so I turned off my computer and left it off for about 10 minutes. Again, I turned it back on, but still had no Internet. I was becoming really scared that my computer was broken some how, which would be extremely bad for me. Deciding to think logically, I went to check if the phones were in order since our phone, Internet, and cable are all from the same company. Who knows, maybe the company was having some problems and they were working on them. The phone wasn’t working, but the cable was. I tried my dad’s computer to make sure that it wasn’t JUST my computer, and his didn’t work either.

Off I went, on a search for the modem next. I couldn’t find it, so I called my dad. He told me where to find it (in the closet of all places!) and told me what I should do. I followed his advice and after it was all said and done with, I still did not have Internet. I was quite frustrated at this point so I just told my dad he could deal with it when he gets home.

Now what? I didn’t have my normal addiction of Internet and Facebook to fall on.

I decided to finish a scrapbook that my mom started and gave to me as a graduation gift. I finished that after about an hour. (During which my dad came home and determined the modem was broken and he would look at it more tomorrow.) I also started a decorating project for my room.

I absolutely despise the pink floral border in my room. Covering it up seems like a good idea to me. I acquired a bunch of Bible verses and started copying them out of my Bible. Next, I plan to write them neatly on construction paper and tape them up over the border in my room. Good idea, right?

Well that is all I have today.

Love in Christ, Jo

No comments: